Overview of the CPRS Awards Program
CPRS Awards Program
Award Entry Deadline: November 14, 2014
The California Park & Recreation Society's Awards Program recognizes the outstanding achievements of agencies and individuals in the areas of community improvements and programming, facility design and park planning, marketing and communications, and professional and citizen leadership.
The annual Awards Program is open to CPRS members and non member individuals, agencies, organizations, companies, and universities.
Awards recipients in each category, division, and class will receive:
- Statewide recognition at the 2015 CPRS Conference in Sacramento, CA, March 11-13, 2015
- General session awards video, Wednesday, March 11, 2015
- Presentation, plaque and publicity photograph at the 2015 CPRS Annual Awards Banquet, Friday, March 13, 2015
- Statewide recognition in the 2015 Spring issue of Parks & Recreation and on the CPRS website, www.cprs.org
- Electronic 2014 Award of Excellence logo for agency promotional purposes
- 2014 award winner ribbon to wear
- CPRS representative available to re-present the Award at a local event (if requested)
- Sample press release for award recipient to distribute to local or regional media
Entries will be assessed on how well they demonstrate the following:
Challenge... Describe the significant issue, problem or concern the entry addressed.
Resourcefulness... The extent to which the entry demonstrated the use of creative or innovative approaches and the role community partners or stakeholders played in addressing the challenge.
Submitting an Award Winning Nomination is Simple!
Award Entry Deadline
11:59 pm, November 14, 2014
CPRS Awards Program Sponsors
CPRS extends its appreciation to our Awards Program Sponsors for their outstanding support of our annual awards program!