Overview of the CPRS Awards Program
Thank you for your interest in the CPRS Annual Award Program!
The 2012 Awards Program is closed as the entry deadline was December 28, 2012
The California Park & Recreation Society's Awards Program recognizes the outstanding achievements of agencies and individuals in the areas of community improvements & programming, facility design & park planning; marketing & communications; and professional & citizen leadership.
The Annual Awards Program is open to CPRS members and non member individuals, agencies, organizations, companies, and universities.
The Award of Excellence recipients in each category, division, and class will receive:
- Statewide recognition at the 2013 California & Pacific Southwest Recreation & Park Training Conference in San Jose, March 6-8
- General session awards video, Wednesday, March 6, 2013
- Best of the Best Social & Networking, Wednesday 6, 2013
- Presentation, plaque and publicity photograph at the 2013 CPRS Annual Awards Banquet, Friday, March 8, 2013
- Statewide recognition in the 2013 Spring issue of Parks & Recreation and on the CPRS website, www.cprs.org
- Electronic 2012 Award of Excellence logo for agency promotional purposes
- 2012 Award winner ribbon to wear
- CPRS representative available to re-present the Award of Excellence at a local event
- Sample press release for award recipient to distribute to local or regional media
Entries will be assessed on how well they demonstrate the CREAM principles:
C Challenge Describe the significant issue, problem or concern the entry addressed.
Award Entry Deadline Extended
11:59 pm, Thursday, December 28, 2012
CPRS Awards Program Sponsors
CPRS extends its appreciation to the following companies for their outstanding support of our annual awards program.